Friday, June 20, 2014

Wine Bottle Crafting

Ok, so when I was at one of the wineries, I saw some really cute items made out of wine bottles. I instantly fell in love with them and decided I could make them myself. I went out and purchased a bottle cutter and also a diamond plated 1/2 inch drill bit that will cut through glass. The drill bit was pretty pricey as far as drill bits are concerned.

I am going to attempt to use the bottle cutter and make some decorative pieces that sit over a tealight or a small candle. I'm going to use the drill bit to cut a hole and place a string of mini lights in there to make a way too cute lamp. Oh the possibilities...I'm pretty excited. They will look so awesome outside as I enjoy the hot summer evenings drinking a glass or two of the wines I purchased.

I will post some pictures of these projects as they progress.  If I get good enough you may very well see them in a future craft show or in your Christmas stocking.

Hugs & Kisses

Kathleen

No comments: